Sunday 19 May 2013

Edmodo

Edmodo is a website that is similar to Facebook and can be a great way to bring technology into the classroom! It allows teachers to connect with their students outside of the classroom. I explored this website for one of my education classes this year and I am very excited to be able to try it out in the classroom this fall during my internship.


With this website you can create groups for each class that you are teaching, keeping everything organized! With Edmodo you are able to post notes, alerts, quizzes, assignments and polls for your students.
I think this is a great way to connect with your students both in and out of the classroom. Students can also never say that they didn't know about an assignment or test as they can be reminded of this with an alert to the group! Also students are able to submit assignments directly through Edmodo.
Students can not only interact with their teacher on Edmodo, but also one another helping to promote the idea of a community of learners.

I am still fairly new to Edmodo, but I am excited to keep trying it out and learning new things. Hopefully my students in the fall will enjoy this as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment