Wednesday 19 June 2013

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education."


The quote by Mark Twain that I chose to title this post never made sense to me when I was younger. I didn't understand how schooling and education could be two different things.
Now that I am just one year away from completing my Education degree I not only understand this quote, but ask myself "how can I change this and how can I be a teacher who allows students passion for learning to grow and flourish in my classroom?"

I saw this picture on a friends Facebook page and it has some very interesting points. After looking at/reading this I was left with the question "What can I do to change this?"  as I can see a lot of truth in each point listed.  Why is school the way it is and can it be changed, or better yet what would happen if it things were changed?

http://www.themindunleashed.org/2013/04/conscious-evolution-expanding-your-mind.html

No comments:

Post a Comment