Friday 7 June 2013

Tech Task 6: Storytelling/Story Making Part 2


For the second activity for this Tech Task I decided to try Five Card Flikr. Here you  choose five different pictures, each from a different set of pictures, and then create a story out of the pictures that you have chosen.
Here are two examples that I did

Five Card Story: Nature Walk


flickr photo credits: (1) bionicteaching (2) Serenae (3) bionicteaching (4) bionicteaching (5) bionicteaching
I love to take nature walks through the trees! Luckily I found a great pathway that will take me to all kinds of great places. On my walks I love to stop and enjoy the pretty flowers. Sometimes I pick some to take back to my mom. Giving her flowers helps to make her less mad at me for splashing in all of the puddles that I find along the way. I love to look at the stuff growing on the bark of the trees. I pretend that I am a scientist as I examine it. I also found some pretty cool leaves with spots on them on my walk today! Maybe I could pick some of those too and make bouquet out of them and my flowers!

Five Card Story: My Battlefield Tour


flickr photo credits: (1) Serenae (2) cogdogblog (3) Serenae (4) Serenae (5) dwtno
Today I went on a tour of some of the Battlefields in France. The first picture is of one of the tunnels at Vimy Ridge that was used by the soldiers. Our tour guide, Frank, was very knowledgeable and taught me a lot! After looking at the tunnels we went out to look at the battlefield! I got to see the area that was no-mans land. It is hilly and uneven still from all of the shells that hit the ground here. After touring Vimy Ridge we went to Juno beach were the Canadian army landed on D-Day during the Second World War. I feel like a have gained a whole library of knowledge from my tour!

I think that Five Card Flickr would be a great tool to use in an English classroom. It not only challenges students creatively, but it also prompts their writing in a fun and easy way without the students feeling the pressure of having to write a formal essay. It could be use as a daily or weekly challenge for the students to increase their creative writing and increase their comfort level with their writing. In my internship this fall I am going to be teaching grade 9 English and possible English A10 and I am very excited to try this out with my students. I hope they enjoy creating their own stories as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment